Stock N  Go

Tuesday 29 November 2011

Books

I absolutely love reading books. It's one of my all time favorite things to do. Sometimes I think there is nothing better than getting lost in a story. The best books are the one's you get so engrossed in them that you literally can't put it down. The story sticks with you for weeks and when you have to put it down you find yourself wondering what happens next and developing the story further in your mind. I love fiction books, typical chick lit material. Sometimes I can surprise myself by reading different genres. I have on occasion found myself diving into a thriller or crime book, sometimes even a mystery and thoroughly enjoy it but in the end I always go back to chick lit.



Louise Bagshawe's book A Kept Woman is an all time favorite of mine. I must have read the book a million times over. It's saucy, it's cheeky, it's fun. It's everything chick lit should be. It's about a woman called Diana Verity, now already she does sound like such a high maintenance woman just with her name, and she is. She's a beautiful society girl that wants things girls like me dream of. Spa days whenever she wants, a credit card with no limit, manicures, pedicures, you get the picture. So she marries Ernie Foxton, an east end boy made good, no manners, no charm but a healthy bank balance. They move to New York and Diana think she's set for life she throws expensive parties and basically becomes the 'IT' girl that everyone wants to be and be seen with. Ernie finds his fun in crueler ways sacking people from Blakeleys, the new firm he's taken over. Ernie then starts targeting a smaller company run by Michael Cicero, a local heart throb New Yorker who built his small children's publishing company up single-handedly from scratch. Ernie's intentions however aren't good one's and being the 'IT' girl for Diana becomes dull and boring and a lot less glamorous than she once thought.  Sound good? Don't just take my word for it, have a sneak peek on Amazon. I can promise it's definitely a page turner, but I will warn you there are a lot of steamy paragraphs and if your not into smut it may not be the choice for you. What it does have in smut, however, the plot line more than makes up for it.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment